Saturday, October 6, 2018

Day 1 - Saturday September 1

Day 1 -  just a day for travel. Getting me from home to France. My friend Lynn picked me up and then dropped me off at General Mitchell Field in Milwaukee.
 The only pic I took at the gate in Milwaukee. It was a dull, rainy day and I tried to watch/listen to some of the McCain funeral while I waited.
 Once in Detroit I found my gate and at the next gate was an earlier flight to France on the same type of airplane I would be flying a Boeing 767.
 The Detroit airport has an elevated tram to get you along a long terminal, but my gates weren't that far apart to warrant getting on it. It shuttled back and forth every few minutes.
 Other flight getting ready to leave and a storm moving in. Brief heavy rainstorm.
 Storm through and bright sunny conditions. My flight left pretty much on time. I had an aisle seat with the person next to me who pretty much slept the entire flight. Plus I don't think she spoke much English. Accent seemed to me to be eastern European.
Flight was a little bumpy and meal service was delayed due to turbulence. I didn't sleep much and watched a bit of the videos available. Wasn't impressed with the offerings.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, travel day 1 is always getting there. It often feels like the longest day of the trip!

    ReplyDelete